Red Poppy | Papaver Rhoeas | Botanical Illustration | Canvas Print
A vintage botanical canvas print of the plant Red Poppy (Papaver rhoeas) has been meticulously restored and given new life.
The canvas print has a vivid, fade-resistant print and is amazing wall art for anyone interested in vintage botanical illustration, botany, and nature
Red Poppy (Papaver rhoeas), also known as Common Poppy, Corn Poppy, and Field poppy, is an annual herbaceous species of flowering plant in the poppy family, Papaveraceae.
Red Poppy is notable as an agricultural weed, hence the common names including "corn" and "field" and after World War I, it is regarded as a symbol of dead soldiers.
The original botanical illustration is by Johannes Zorn (1739 - 1799), a German pharmacist, botanist, and botanical illustrator.
The illustration was first published 1796 in "Afbeeldingen der Artseny-Gewassen met Derzelver Nederduitsche en Latynsche Beschryvingen" in Amsterdam, Holland.
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Matte finish coating
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- 20.5 mil thick canvas, 470 g/m²
- Mounting brackets included - centered on frame
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- 1.5" deep