Hollyhock | Alcea Rosea | Botanical Illustration | Canvas Print
A vintage botanical illustration printed on a high-quality canvas of the plant Hollyhock (Alcea Rosea). The canvas has vivid, fade-resistant colors.
Great botanical wall art for both homes and businesses. A perfect item for those who love botany, gardening, nature, and plants.
Hollyhock (Alcea rosea) is an ornamental and medicinal plant in the mallow family (Malvaceae), native to Asia.
The original botanical illustration was first published 1897 in Köhler's Medicinal Plants (Köhler's Medizinal-Pflanzen) by Hermann Adolph Köhler (1834 - 1879, a German physician and chemist.
The botanical illustrators were Walther Otto Müller, C. F. Schmidt, and K. Gunther.
Canvas - Features:
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Matte finish coating
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- 20.5 mil thick canvas, 470 g/m²
- Mounting brackets included - centered on frame
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- 1.5" deep